Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Costa Rica '08

We were lucky enough to spend another week in Costa Rica with our friends, the Preeces, and their friends, the Gardners. Jenny's grandpa owns a house there and we were honored to be invited back again this year to enjoy the sun and surfing! We all have little girls the same age and it was fun to see them running around together and getting along together, for the most part!

I think Elise's favorite part was probably seeing the Barbie: Island Princess movie for the first time, and several other times during the course of the trip. She still asks to see it all the time, well more like demands it, "I want to watch Barbie," or alternately, "I want Barbie songs." But she still had fun seeing all the different animals and making sand castles. On a perhaps unrelated note, I caught her counting to 6 in Spanish today. Neither Ben or I taught it to her, so either she soaked up some Spanish in Costa Rica, or she's been watching too much Dora.

Ben just wanted to surf the whole time. I had fun not being pregnant this year and getting to go on the canopy tour! In fact, just not being pregnant pretty much made the vacation. And little Chloe was a trooper and loved playing in the sand and shoving big handfuls of it in her mouth. A big thank you to the Preeces for putting up with us for so long!



We've got a busy few weeks ahead of us. We close on our house in less than 2 weeks so we've been busy packing up. I'm excited to be in a house of our own again and have some more space for the kids to run around in. Durham here we come!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow- It looks like so much fun! I'm jealous! I can't believe how big Elise looks in some of the pictures.

JD said...

elise and her curiosity and energy would send me to an early grave...if i had to watch her all the time. don't see how you do it. and i'm still not seeing the resemblance between myself and chloe. where's the thick, luscious hair?