Monday, November 17, 2008

Take a closer look

Yeah, I know. All you see is a bunch of leaves completely covering up our driveway and sidewalk. But take another look.
Ok, I'll break out the zoom lens here.

Yay! Our first deer sighting at our house. I've seen lots while out running, but none right next to our car like that. I looked out our bedroom window this afternoon and saw a deer browsing through our bushes. I showed it to Elise and she loved it and we went outside to look at it before she scared it off.

Oh, and I was shamed into raking those leaves up for an hour afterwards, even though I know they'll just be back.

4 comments:

JD said...

if i were a deer and i saw elise running at me, i'd run away, too.

Camilla Millar said...

Ahhh, looks like you've got an afternoon or two of piles ahead of you. . . .

Kathleen said...

Very cool!

Courtney said...

That's so crazy!