Monday, December 15, 2008

C is for cookie

We've had a good past few days. We've been baking treats, trying to give them away, and then getting way too many back. Luckily I ran a half marathon on Saturday and burned off some calories there, though at this point, I'd probably need a marathon to do that!

The race was lots of fun. I'd never done a half before and it went by so fast. It was great. About halfway through I thought to myself, I wonder if I'm going fast enough, but decided to be safe and not push it too much more and thanked myself for that around mile 11. The race was in Charlotte, a little over 2 hours away, and we'd planned on all going up the night before and having a little family outing, but then Ben had to work so I ended up waking up at 4:30 in the morning and driving there that day, running the race, and then driving home all by myself. But, I had a good race and ran a 1:30:29 averaging 6:55 miles so it was pretty much worth it.



Anyway, I really enjoyed the treats I made this year so I thought I'd share. Nothing original here, everything I made I found on other cooking blogs. I made chocolate turtle cookies from My Kitchen Cafe, Sugar cookies and the best icing/glaze ever from Our Best Bites (it looks much prettier there), hot chocolate mix from here, and orange cranberry bread from King Arthur flour.

I wish photography was as easy as baking. The cookies looked even better in real life.

7 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Wow, they look good to me!!

And what is with the letters? Did you spell "Paxton" or "Christmas" or initials of the family you were gifting?

Ben said...

I think they were just random letters!

Juli said...

They weren't random. Ben just doesn't know anyone's name! Yeah, they were initials.

Camilla Millar said...

Cute idea!! Personalized cookies would definitely make me feel loved

P.S. Juli: one of the best tricks I have learned is that they sell pregnancy tests at the dollar store and at Big Lots for cheap--saves you lots of $$. . . .they work just like the expensive ones.

Team Draughon said...

They were very yummy...thanks for sharing with us! Hope you guys have a great trip!

Kathleen said...

Nice job on your run again, very impressive. Hope you have a great Christmas!
K

Unknown said...

Fun blog! It is fun to see what you guys are up to. Great job on your half-marathon...and the cookies! Happy New Year!