Thursday, March 19, 2009

Elise makes her daddy proud


Elise has been busy developing into her own little person. I know she's growing up and everything, but it comes on so gradually that you don't really notice it all the time and you go about feeding them and cleaning up after them and breaking up fights. And then, bam, all of the sudden one day she says to you:

Elise: "Mommy, what did the ear say to the other ear?"
Me (a little confused): "I don't know."
Elise: "I want a hot dog!!!" (hysterical laughter)

So, I guess now she has a sense of humor. She repeated this over and over with other body parts. And it was still funny. That's a sign of a good joke right there. Pretty soon she'll be writing her own blog. And it'll probably be funnier than mine.

4 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

I don't exactly get it. . . .but it the part where they laugh so hard at themselves that makes the joke really good.

Amy Brinton said...

Hey Juli!
I'm a friend of Camilla's from the U of U med school, and we just matched for intern year at a hospital in Baltimore. Camilla mentioned that you know the Baltimore area and might be able to give us the insider's scoop. We've been looking in the Ellicott City/Columbia area mainly because we've heard good things about their schools. If you get a chance, could you shoot me a quick email about your experience in Baltimore? It's aebrinton@mac.com. I'd really appreciate some advice, but if you don't have time, no worries! Thanks,
Amy

JD said...

i don't get it myself...but it wouldn't be the first time a 3 year old outsmarted me.

Ben said...

I think it's a fantastic joke. Elise's sense of humor has already surpassed some of the reader's here. I think she is going for some form of absurdism, or the joke is on us somehow. It is wonderful.