Monday, September 8, 2008

My hero

Well, we've been home from Ironman Louisville for a week now and a little bit of the excitement has worn off, but I want everyone to know how proud of Ben I am for reaching his goal. I think of myself as pretty tough, but I can't even fathom all that he did to get through that day, not to mention all the hours of training that go into that. I know that everytime I'm struggling through a hard workout or find myself dying at the end of a race, I'll think of Ben struggling through those last miles and find the strength to push through it like he did.

The girls and I had a great time running around Louisville. We didn't get to see Ben as much as I wanted to, but it was a thrill to see all the other dedicated athletes and help cheer them on. Everyone we met was so nice to me dragging the double stroller around with both girls. We all definitely survived and will live to race again!

4 comments:

JD said...

i'm proud of ben, too. nice work!

jendw said...

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where’s the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds

I need a hero
I'm holding out for at hero 'till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight


We are in awe of you Ben!

Camilla Millar said...

Wow, way to go Ben.

Might I ask: how does he find the time to train?

Juli said...

Camilla, I don't think the life of a radiology resident is quite as bad as the life of a surgery resident, but if you add in all the training hours, Ben just might come out on top in the category of spending least time with his family. Maybe. Hope you're hanging in there! At least Ben's training is over for now.