Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Reveal

Our house was built in 1968 so we bought it knowing we'd have to do a little work on it. Easier said than done though, right? Ben and I worked really hard and did as much as we could by ourselves ("No, Ben, I don't trust you to tile the whole kitchen by yourself."). We need to hang up some pictures and get a little more furniture (hopefully the craigslist gods will be kind to us) but other than that we're pretty much done. With the inside at least. The yard is a wreck. That's the next project.





I also got some sand for the sandbox finally. Crayola makes this fun colored sand. Ben hates it because he thinks it makes a big mess, but hey, sand is going to make a big mess anyway, so why not make it a pretty color so it doesn't look as dirty? Plus, now the sand is easy to identify and the threat can be removed before going inside. My favorite part? The blue is exactly the same blueberry color that Veruca Salt turns in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the old school one). I love my blue girls!

7 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Holy Cow!! You guys have been hard at work. I really like the tile in the kitchen and the family room has had a huge transformation!

JD said...

jealous of the house. looks like all of the hard work paid off.

jealous of the sandbox, too. we don't have room for one here.

Summer Owens said...

Wow, your house looks amazing!

Unknown said...

The house looks great! And I love the sandy girls- what a fun idea. They are so big!

McBrides said...

Nice work on the kitchen. I must say the tile job looks great :)

Erika Sullivan said...

Wow! Your house is so nice! That is a lot of work! I'm impressed! Maybe I need to go down to North Carolina to buy a house, I certainly can't afford one here!

Courtney said...

Love the house guys! You did a great job! I wish we lived closer so we could see it in person. Now we need some pics of the front and back of the house- your yard looks very woody.

Also- that table underneath Elise's window looks very familiar- is it the same table I think it is? :)