Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yesterday

I had this bright idea yesterday to do a post on all the things we did that day. A sort of this is what I do on an average day post, a glimpse into our little life. I even uploaded all the pictures and videos. And then reality set in and I was up until midnight cleaning the house before my whole family comes into town. But I thought to myself this morning, why waste a good blog idea? So, here is what our day was like yesterday.

We baked banana bread in the morning. Elise loves to help cook and make big messes. I told her it was banana cake and she got really into it. We put it in these fun shaped pans my mom gave us for Christmas. This is Elise wolfing down the teddy bear. What can I say? My kids are good eaters. Elise ate the whole teddy bear, minus the legs. I gave those to Chloe. I ate the whole flower.







Then Chloe learned how to play the recorder all by herself. It got a little annoying after a while but she was pretty pleased with herself. I can see many a future battle over this purple plastic instrument brewing.



And then, Chloe and I had a little tickle party. She's my little giggler.

Not pictured: my 6am run (and that is sleeping in), me on the phone frantically trying to get our refrigerator fixed before my whole family comes into town, Ben's sweaty bike ride, me frantically trying to figure out what I can make with the contents of my rapidly thawing freezer (the answer: Slow cooker Thai pork, Moroccan apricot stew, and a berry cobbler.), Ben finally putting a light up over our kitchen table so there is well, light, over the kitchen table, the cleaning, oh the cleaning.

3 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Great idea!! Sounds like you had a very busy day. Glad you were able to get so much done-- I usually only get like 1/2 of that done in one day (okay, make that 1/3, and I would have eaten the teddy bear, flowers, and extra legs myself-- I am the "good" eater in my family).

McBrides said...

How sweet is the video of Chloe laughing! Oh how we are going to miss the little ones growing and changing. I am impressed but not at all surprised at the gourmet menu you whipped out of your fridge. I miss your cooking.

Courtney said...

I can't believe you came up with that from your freezer/fridge. I need you to come cook for us! Hope you got it fixed.

I've seen an idea like this on another blog- it's a cute idea.

And I love banana bread- I made some yesterday but we don't have those cute pans...otherwise I bet Addie would eat even more!